Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My oh my!

I had absolutely no idea it had been this long since I posted anything. I have running blog posts in my head all the time and I just assume that they will somehow magically appear on my actual blog so everyone else will know what I'm thinking and doing.  I guess it just really doesn't work that way. Bummer...
 
So much has happened in these last 18 months. I got a job at a gun store, quit the job at the gun store, got a job with the state and got promoted twice. My daughter started and finished kindergarten (finally!  It's a long story...) and is currently in first grade. I am another (ahem) two years older, though I still remain 29 and probably will for awhile longer. ;-)
 
We built a house and moved in only to have a neighbor build a house directly behind us literally taking up the entire view outside of our windows. So now we're thinking about selling but we're not sure anyone will buy it.  We're not in any hurry though, and our home is quite beautiful and comfortable, as long as you don't look outside.
 
Besides all of that, I have been knitting some great things for family and friends. I have found that I am a stress knitter and, once I found my job with the state, there was a lot less stress in my life. It's amazing how calming having a steady income can be. I haven't been knitting a whole lot but I did make a new pair of socks, a sweater for my husband, a shawl for a friend at church, and various other shawls and scarves. Now with winter coming on, my fingers are 
getting that familiar itch to make more.
 

My darling husband modeling his sweater

 
 
 
 
Some very pink mittens
I just finished some mittens for my daughter, and I am currently working on a lace-weight scarf test pattern for Red Tiger Designs. Once I finish the scarf, I am hoping to make myself something for a change. I found this beautiful cabled sweater pattern in the latest issue of Creative Knitting Magazine and I really want to try it. It's called "Diverging Paths Pullover" designed by Patty Lyons. Click here to get to the magazine's main page and check it out. It's really beautiful.
 
Feel free to send a message and tell me what you're working on. I love to look at other people's work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment